Friday, November 18, 2011

Moral Dilemma

After my dad died, my grandma became a whole other person. She started becoming upset more and more, and she wanted to be alone for most of her time. As time went on she realized that family was the only thing that was going to make her happy, so she invited my family and I to come to see a play that was being presented at her church. IT was called Harriet: A One Woman Show. Of course I did not want to see it, for goodness sakes it's a ONE WOMAN SHOW, which in my opinion is one of the most boring types of plays, and I LOVE PLAYS. I begged and begged my mom not to go, but she said, "I don't want to go either Jasmine, but the only reason she wants to do this is because your father passed away and she wants to feel closer to her family. Do it for daddy." 
So I did. Unwillingly and with a little bit of whining, I did it. I never wanted to go see the play one bit, but I did it because it was the right thing to do. It wouldn't be fair to my dad, for him to be watching down on me, and not doing what was right. It's not just me who lost someone they love, it's everyone else that knew him because he was a great man. An amazing person that never failed to make anyone smile. 
By the way, the play was absolutely terrible and when I asked my mom how she liked it she said, "That play sucked."

No comments:

Post a Comment